In solid carved natural wood. The upper elements vigorously carved with acanthus leaves, the central columns, triangular in form, pierced and adorned with male masks, the whole resting on a tripod base having sculpted leaves, volutes and lambrequins. Circa 1670.
Sale in Versailles, Palais des Congres, Commissaire-Priseur Jean-Paul Chapelle, March 3, 1968-acquired by Georges Hereil, Paris.
1981: The estate of Georges Hereil, by descent to GG.